Living this life one sip at a time

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ready or not, here I come!


           +




=

LoTs oF COFFEE!!!!

*SHUDDER* That's right, folks... I'm going back to school! I can't decide if I'm excited or nervous, smart or completely out of my mind. Probably a combination of all of these! 

Point is: the timing is right. I've known for some time that God was directing me this way, but the timing has never been quite right. 

Here goes nothing. I will now be the Old Cat Lady in classes... even though I hate cats... these 18 year olds will see me as that. I know this b/c there were plenty of them in my classes when *I* was 18 and in college! Fabulouso. 

My kids seem indifferent right now about it. Well, minus Jax. A few weeks ago, we sat at the mall watching the bungee jump while we waited on Chloe. Something was said about school, and I asked him what he thought about Mommy going back to school. The puzzled look arrived on his face, and I explained to him that I'd started college, but hadn't finished. He responded, "YOU DIDN'T GRADUATE?!".  For the record, I graduated high school, people, but not college. This did not matter to my six year old son. Again, "You mean you're a MOM, and you DIDN'T GRADUATE????". The child was mortified. As was I. The word 'loser' appeared to be racing through his mind, though I can't be certain. Our eyes jumped up and down watching the bungee kids, while I hung dangling by the tiny thread of confidence that my son had left in me. Then came his final question, "Mom, does dad know about this?"

Jax was so bothered by my confession that it was the first thing he brought up to Derrick as he walked in from work. "Dad, did you know that mom didn't graduate?!".  Just so you know, this conversation is NOT the [main] reason I am going back to school! Again, it's been a long time coming... God's timing is pretty sweet! 

Sooooo, prayers are appreciated! I start Monday. Oh dear... Monday. Thankful for an awesome, supportive husband (& kids!), and looking forward to seeing how God works in this! 

The end result will be a BA in Mass Communications- Journalism. Serious butterflies!!! 

I will soon update you on the writer's conference I attended in July.... that is where I officially decided to take the plunge immediately... lots of cool stuff to share about that amazing weekend! 

Tally ho.......


No comments: