Living this life one sip at a time

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Are you The One?

2 Chronicles 16:9a, “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.”

WOW! When I read this verse this morning, I got chills! Just imagine the Lord scanning the earth, looking for that one person, that normal, 'no-one special' someone to carry out His next Plan. I know what you're thinking, "Wait, God doesn't want someone 'normal', someone 'not-so-special' to carry out HIS awesome plan.... He wants some famous, amazing, well-known, big, lofty, beautiful someone for that, right?!" Oh but we're so wrong! Was Mary famous for her enunciated, loudly spoken prayers??? Nope! Did she trot around with a "Honk if you love God" sticker on her donkey, or a "WWGD" bracelet (I replaced J w/ G because we're talking Mary, mother of Jesus here, people!)??? NOPE! Mary was a quiet girl, nothing 'special' (so to speak), but God has HIS eyes on HER; He knew her HEART.

I find it quite intriguing that God could care less about status. God looks not at our clothes, our status-quo, and no, not even our "Honk if you love Jesus" stickers (he does love a witness, but we have to live up to actually having that sticker or it means nothing to God!)........ God looks at our HEARTS! He can separate the Somebodies from the Nobodies in His eyes. He knows who desparately seeks Him, He knows who will carry out the purpose He has for them. Oh, He knows!

I just pray that I will take this scripture to heart always, pray that God would strengthen me to do whatever it is He has planned for me, remembering that God doesn't need the Me that likes to pray 'properly', the Me that wants others to see what I've done for God; He wants the Me that is fervently seeking Him, His plan, His Word, and the Me that will take what He has for me and use it with every ounce of my WHOLE self, only to bring Glory to HIM!!!!!

The next time you think you might be 'the next big thing' on American Idol, Dancing with the Stars (Chloe, listen sweetie!), or even Trinity Broadcasting Network, wonder more if you could be the next Mary, Noah, or David! God is watching each of us; where is your heart?!

Remember that we are ALL worthy in HIS SIGHT!!!!! Awesome, huh?! Love and prayers!

No comments: