Living this life one sip at a time

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Chloe-isms

Praise the Lord for Chloe; my life would be so boring without her! Here are a few of this weeks Chloe-isms...........

We were watching Dancing w/ the Stars and she didn't like an outfit on one of the dancers, then that couple happened to get so-so scores on their performance, so Chloe says, "What a lizard".... HUH?! So Chloe explains to us that calling someone a 'loser' is not nice, so she's decided that she will be calling that person a 'lizard'. Well, we had to burst her bubble and tell her that calling someone names, regardless of the name she chooses, is not very nice either way. She simply said, "Okay." OK.

Also during Dancing w/ the Stars, Chloe decided she needs to be on the show when she 'grows up'. So she was telling us all about her outfit, what her 'guy' would wear (by the way, she said she will NOT let her 'guy' wear the same color shirt as her outfit, b/c that looks weird)...... so she's watching a dance and says, "Whoa, when I'm on this show, I will not be doing the flips over my guy....... you could break something doing that, like your back or a bone!" Guess I should quit saying, "Stop it or you'll break something"........ HA!

I went to get the milk out of the refridgerator and something fell out as I did; Derrick said, "Don't break it!", and Chloe responded, "DAD, do not tell my mom you're breaking up with her....... if you do, I will not even live with you, I'm moving w/ mom!"............ WHOA.......... where did that come from????? I didn't even know she knew anything about breaking up and divorce; then I remembered that a friend of hers from 'school' lives w/ her mom sometimes and her dad sometimes........... sad :(

Chloe: "Mom, am I allergic to wine"
Me: "HUH!?!?!"
Chloe: "Addie said that her mom told her she's allergic to wine. I told her that I wasn't; she said she's allergic to beer too but I told her that I like beer........ I told her that all I was allergic to was peanut butter."
Me: (after I pick myself up off of the floor) "Chloe, first of all, you're not allergic to peanut butter, you just don't like it. Secondly, the 'beer' that you like is ROOT beer, and there is a difference between root beer and beer........."
Chloe (interrupts): "So am I allergic to wine and beer too then???"
Me: "Wine and beer are drinks that are not good for..........."
Chloe (interrupts again): "So am I allergic to them or not?"
Me: "Yes, yes you are, Chloe." Sheesh.

After I picked the kids up from daycare on Tuesday, Chloe was very quiet. I asked her what was wrong and she says, "Mom, I need to ask you something."....... here we go.......... "Where were you today?" I told her I was at work, and she says, "Mom, I know you weren't"..... what? "Yes I was, what do you mean you know I wasn't at work?" "Mom, when Jayden got to daycare after school, she said she passed your work on the bus and your car wasn't there." The girl is keeping tabs on me now! So after I explained to her that I had let Aunt Misty borrow my car for the afternoon, she was fine...... the poor child was worried about it all afternoon! Silly girl!

This last Chloe-ism is actually one from some time ago (there are LOTS of those!), but my sister said something yesterday that reminded me of it and I wanted to post about it b/c it's so darn cute............... when Chloe used to think something was 'crazy' or 'outrageous', she'd say, "That's expensive!" Every single time! No clue on earth WHERE it came from, but that was her 'outrageous' word....... man I love that girl!

I guess that's it for now; I could write a book about Chloe....... hmmm, maybe I will, hehe! Chloe is nothing like I ever imagined any of my children to be, but I thank God for EXACTLY who she is, and I know that she is the way she is because God WANTS her to be that way; He has a plan for her life and He knows that she needs her personality for that purpose, so I praise Him for who HE MADE HER!

Love and prayers!

1 comment:

hali said...

If that girl isn't in some sort of drama line of work when she grows up, I will be surprised! She is a mess! Jim still laughs the way she says Uncle Jim! He loves it!