Living this life one sip at a time

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Almost forgot!

Remember in the post before last, I mentioned something else that I wanted to share? Well, I forgot, imagine that, ha! I've been meaning to post about this for some time but w/ all that's been going on, I haven't.

I got a new job!!! I applied for a job at Vo-Tech in a town near us, which is a vocational trade school. I applied in the Culinary Dept. and was taking a big chance even applying, b/c I have no culinary qualifications other than having decorated cakes from home for the last five years. Well, I got the job! I will be the Culinary Arts Instructor's Assistant (can you say mouthful?!), and after one year on the job, I can take my certification exam and be hired on as an instructor, possibly there, since the instructor plans to retire after this year. It is a state job, so my benefits are awesome, PLUS, I will get all of the school breaks off-- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, summer break....... this THRILLS me since Chloe is starting kindergarten next month!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo excited about this position! I have wanted to attend culinary school for years, and this is basically working while gaining my instruction, which is even better ;) If I have to work, I think this is an ideal situation since I will get the same breaks that Chloe will have, so I can be home w/ my kiddos during those times! COOL!

Also, say a little prayer for Derrick; he will soon be taking his teaching certification exam ( I know, it's late in the summer for this, but we just found out that he had enough education courses back in college that he can actually become certified if he passes the exams!) He is of course still praying for a full time ministry position, but until that happens, he would love to teach science (he initially went to college for this and changed majors near the end!).

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know! My first day on the new job is Aug. 1st :) Bye Bye pharmacy, wahoooooooo! Just teasing, this has been a great job as well, and I have an awesome boss here, but the new job is one of my dreams, so I'm very excited!

4 comments:

Neen said...

Congrats on the new job I know that you will do fantastic at it!

Anonymous said...

Hey.. I am just getting caught up on your blog. WOW!!! Congrats!! How are you feeling now? I can't believe your pregnant!!!! :) I am soo jealous!! Have you told the kids? I bet Chloe is excited.

Also, congrats on the new job.

miss ya!!!

Jackie, Lori & Connor said...

I am so excited for you that you are being given the opportunity to pursue your dreams in the culinary arts! I know that you will be the best that place has ever seen! I am going to miss you so very much. It has truly been such a pleasure working with you these few months. May God continue to bless your family. Sincerely, Lori

Unknown said...

Congratulations Crystal! That is great news. It's good to see God working in your lives. We pray that your pregnancy is a healthy one. Take care and tell the family hi for us

~ Team Boyd